If you’re like most people, you probably use your airline miles for vacation—and that’s great! But there are plenty of other ways to use your miles, too.
In this blog post, we will explore five best cards to save on travel with airline miles. From car rentals to hotels, these cards can help you save a lot of money on your next trip.
So read on, and find the card that’s perfect for you.
How to use airline miles for travel
There are a number of cards that offer great rewards for travelers who use them to book flights and hotels. Many of these cards also come with bonuses for using them in conjunction with airline miles, making it easier to get the best deal on your travels.
One such card is the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. This card offers 1 point for every dollar spent on travel-related purchases, including airfare and hotel rooms. Plus, when travelling with a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and matching partner airline,cardholders earn an additional 50% bonus on all redeemed points.
If you’re not interested in flying or staying in hotels often, some other great cards for travel include the American Express® Gold Card®, The Capital One® Venture Card®, and The Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer. All three of these cards offer 2X points on travel-related spending, and when used in combination with airline miles they can give you substantial rewards.
You Might Also Like:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
If you’re looking for a great way to save on your next trip, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a great option. With this card, you can enjoy significant savings on flights and hotels. Here are some of the best ways to use your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for travel:
1. Use your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for airline travel. You can earn 3x points on flights booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards® and 1x point on all other flights. That means you can earn up to 30% back on eligible airfare purchases! Plus, if you spend $4000 in annual travel with your Chase Sapphire Preferred®, you’ll receive a $100 bonus!
2. Use your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for hotel stays. You can earn 2x points on all hotel stays and 1x point on all other spending. That’s up to 50% back on your hotel expenses! Plus, if you spend $40,000 in annual hotel spending with your Chase Sapphire Preferred®, you’ll receive a $200 bonus!
3. Use your Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for car rentals. You can earn 2x points on all car rentals booked through chase UR™ and 1x point on all other spending. That’s up to 50% back on car rental expenses! Plus, if you spend $40,000 in annual car rental spending with your Chase Sapphire Preferred®, you’ll receive a $200 bonus!
The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
If you’re looking to save on travel expenses, the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is a great option. This card offers a number of valuable benefits, including:
Earn 2x points on flights and 1x point on all other purchases.
Get 10% off airfare and hotels booked through American Express Travel.
Receive $100 annual airline credit for every eligible cardmember account.
Enjoy additional savings with Free Room Upgrade when booking directly with an airline or via an American Express Travel partner.
Redeem your points for a variety of rewards, including airfare, hotel stays, car rentals, and more. Plus, you can use your points to pay for goods and services online and in-store.
The Citi Prestige® Card
The Citi Prestige® Card is a great card for those looking to save on travel expenses. With airline miles accumulated, passengers can redeem rewards flights with the card. The following are five ways to use the Citi Prestige® Card to save on travel costs:
1) Use your accrued rewards miles to book travel through the card’s redemption portal. This allows cardholders to choose from a variety of airlines and destinations, as well as receive bonus miles for booking early.
2) Use your accrued rewards miles towards non-travel related expenses such as hotel stays or car rentals. This way, you can get additional value out of your miles while also saving money on regular expenses.
3) Spend your earned rewards in increments of 1,000 instead of going straight towards travel costs. Doing so will give you an even larger return on investment when using your rewards for travel purchases.
4) Carry over unused reward points from one year to the next, allowing you to stretch your spending power further when it comes time to redeem your miles for travel.
5) Keep an eye out for special offers that may be available from participating airlines and hotels – these can offer great values when redeemed through the card’s redemption portal.
The Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card is a great card to use for travel purposes. With its flexible redemption options, you can save on your travel costs by using the card’s miles to book flights, hotels, and car rentals.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using the card for travel: first, make sure that you are familiar with all of the redemption options available to you. Second, be aware of the blackout dates – certain activities (like dining at restaurants) may not be available during blackout periods. Finally, make sure that your travel plans are flexible in case something unexpected comes up – like weather conditions causing flight delays or cancellations.
With the Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card, you can be sure that you will be able to get the most out of your travels.
The Amex EveryDay® Cash Credit Card
If you’re looking for a card that will help you save on your travel expenses, the American Express EveryDay® Cash Credit Card might be a good option for you. This card has great rewards opportunities, including bonus miles for spending at participating merchants and discounts on airfare and hotels. Additionally, the card offers a low annual fee and is available to residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. So whether you’re planning a short trip or an extended trip, the American Express EveryDay® Cash Credit Card could be a valuable tool in your pocket.
There are a few different airline miles cards that can save you money when traveling. American Airlines is one of the best options, because they have some of the best redemption rates for flights and hotel stays. Several other cards offer similar benefits, so it really depends on what you’re looking for and what’s available to you.
Redemption rates for American Airlines flights vary depending on the distance flown, but generally speaking they’re quite good. A round trip flight from New York to Los Angeles could be redeemed for around 35,000 miles, which would get you a decent amount of travel credit.
For hotel stays, American Airlines also has some of the best redemption rates available. You could redeem 60,000 miles for a three-day weekend trip to Hawaii or 100,000 miles for a weeklong stay at a luxury resort in Mexico.
Other good options for airline mile cards include the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 56,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in the first three months and then an additional 10,000 points for each $1 thereafter spent on purchases.
The Citi Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer offers 2% cash back on all purchases and no annual fee. This card can be very useful if you’re looking to rack up rewards quickly since it doesn’t charge an annual fee.
When it comes to saving on travel, airline miles are a great way to go. United Airlines offers some of the best cards when it comes to airline miles. Here are three of the best cards for United Airlines:
The United Visa Signature Card offers a variety of benefits, including 2 free domestic roundtrip flights every year and 50% bonus on redeemed miles. The card also has an annual fee of $195, but the waived first year annual fee makes it a great choice if you plan to use your card regularly.
The United MileagePlus Explorer Card also has a variety of benefits, including 3 free roundtrips each year (1 international and 2 domestic), and a 50% bonus on redeemed miles. However, the card does have an annual fee of $120, which is lower than some other options available from United Airlines.
Another great option is the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Credit Card, which offers 1 mile for every dollar spent on purchases and 0% introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. The card also has no annual fee until your anniversary date, at which point there is a $95 annual fee. This card is great if you want to maximize your rewards opportunities while still having low monthly payments.
Southwest Airlines is one of the most popular airlines in the United States. With over 30 years of experience, Southwest Airlines has developed a loyal following of passengers who appreciate the low fares and easy booking process.
Southwest Airlines offers a variety of loyalty programs that allow passengers to accumulate points and miles for travel. Some of the best cards to save on travel with airline miles include the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express. These cards offer bonuses for accumulating points and miles, respectively.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 50,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months from account opening. Additionally, cardholders receive 2X points on all travel expenses and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. The annual fee is $95, but this card offers significant benefits that make it worth considering.
For example, cardholders can use their points to purchase flight tickets, hotels, car rentals, cruises and more. The American Express AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card rewards cardholders with 25,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months from account opening.
Additional benefits include 2X rewards on all dining out and entertainment expenditures as well as 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Annual fees for both cards are $450.
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines is a great place to rack up airline miles. They offer a variety of rewards programs that can save you money on your travels. Here are some of the best cards to save on travel with airline miles:
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred Card – The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 2 points for every $1 spent on all eligible purchases, plus 50% more points for travel and dining. This card also has an annual fee of $95, but it offers great benefits such as no foreign transaction fees, waived airport security fees, and more.
2. American Express Platinum Card – The American Express Platinum Card offers 1 point for every $1 spent on all eligible purchases, plus 25% more points for travel and dining. This card has an annual fee of $450 but it comes with great benefits such as free access to airport lounges, 50% bonus points when you redeem for airfare or hotels, and more.
3. Citi Prestige® Card – The Citi Prestige® Card offers 3x points on select hotel stays and 2x points on flights booked through Citi ThankYou Points® program after you spend $4,000 in net purchases in the first three months from account opening. This card also comes with an annual fee of $450 but its benefits make it a good choice if you want to maximize your rewards potential.
Traveling can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. By using some of the best cards for travel with airline miles, you can slash your costs significantly. So if you’re planning on taking a trip soon and want to save some money, be sure to check out these five cards!