As the world moves forward, trends come and go. But with all of this change comes a new opportunity for you to stand out from the crowd. In this blog post, we’re going to give you some ideas for decor styles that will be popular in 2022.
From modern to futuristic, these styles are sure to catch your eye and help you create a space that is unique and exciting. So take a look and prepare to be inspired!
As the weather starts to cool off and the days get shorter, it’s time to start thinking about decorating your home for the winter. And if you’re looking for some traditional decor styles that you can’t miss, here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. The Nativity Scene: If you’re looking for a classic way to decorate your home for the winter, a Nativity Scene is definitely an option. This theme can be done in any style, so you can choose something that fits your personality and home décor.
2. A Candelabra: Another great option for traditional decor is using candelabras as accents throughout your home. This can be done in different styles, so think classic or modern candelabras to fit your needs.
3. Holiday Wreaths: If you’re looking for something festive and unique, consider using holiday wreaths as accents in your home. You can go with traditional designs or create something more unique and creative yourself.
4. Christmas Trees: One of the most popular winter decorations is a Christmas Tree! You can choose from a wide range of trees, including traditional trees or even fantastical trees inspired by Santa Claus himself!
There are plenty of other options too – just take a look at some of the popular holiday decor items on Amazon to see all of the options available to you!
Rustic/Boho style is all about the natural elements and earthy tones. This decor style is perfect for a farmhouse or cottage feel, with plenty of pops of color to help things feel lively. From textured rugs to brightly-hued furniture, you’ll be able to find everything you need to create a rustic/boho look in your home.
If you’re looking for inspiration, take a look at some of our favorite Rustic/Boho decor styles. In the bedroom, try a neutral bedspread with earthy prints or Skip Hop’s popular Bazaar bed set which comes in both a simple twin and large king size option. For walls, go for a mix of textures and patterns, like woven shawls or distressed pottery.
For furniture, our favorite pieces are those that are easy to move around – like straw bale chairs or modular tables – as well as ones that can easily be dressed up or down (like paisley sofas or twiggy ottomans). And finally, don’t forget accessories! A few key pieces could include brightly-colored rugs or textured throws, both of which will add texture and life to any room.
Scandinavian design is all about simplicity, elegance and functionality. From sleek white interiors to bold patterns, these design philosophies provide a timeless look that can be adapted to any space. Whether you’re in the mood for Scandinavian inspiration or just want to add a touch of rustic charm, these 15 decor styles are sure to inspire.
1. Nordic Style: Clean lines and natural materials such as wood and stone are highlights of this style. Scandanavian furniture is often built from sustainable materials, so it’s a great choice for eco-conscious homeowners.
2. Functional Finesse: Many Scandanavian designers focus on creating functional pieces that look beautiful and feel comfortable to use. This approach means less clutter and more storage options – perfect for minimalistic homes.
3. Unforgettable Patterns: From checkerboard floors to colorful quilts, patterned fabrics play an important role in Scandinavian design. Using versatile textures like flax and wool allows designers to create intricate designs that will stand the test of time.
4. White & Gray Interiors: If you’re looking for an understated update on traditional color schemes, try pairing white walls with light gray furnishings or curtains . This scheme lends a modern edge without being too jarring or loud.
Collegiate/ Ivy League
Many students choose to stick with the traditional collegiate decor of ivy and brick buildings, but there are many other styles you can try if you’re looking for something a little more unique. From modern to sleek, these decors will have your dorm room looking fresh and new!
1) Sleek contemporary designs: Start with a modern design that is both stylish and functional. A sleek white or black background will work well in any room, while sharp geometric shapes will add an edge of modernity. For an extra touch of glamour, consider using light purple or fuchsia accents.
2) Funky animal prints: If you’re feeling a bit more daring, go for a funky animal print design. You can use brightly coloured animals as wall art or accent pieces, or even use them as bedding on your bedframe. This style is sure to make your dorm room stand out from the rest!
3) Bright pops of colour: If you want something a little more cheerful, consider using bright pops of colour in your decoration schemes. Head to your local craft store and pick up some fun paints or accessories to help you get started. Use bright flowers in vases or desktops as focal points, or mix bold colours together to create eye-catching designs.
Looking to update your home’s decor without breaking the bank? Check out these contemporary styles that won’t leave you feeling like a square peg in a round hole.
1. The Midcentury Modern aesthetic is all about simplicity and clean lines. This style is perfect for modernizing an older home or adding some freshness to a more traditional one.
2. Scandinavian design is known for its natural materials, geometric shapes, and muted colors. This style can be incorporated into any room in your home, from the living room to the kitchen.
3. Urban Contemporary designs are all about bold color and creative patterns. They’re perfect if you want something that will stand out but still feel comfortable and accessible.
4. French Provincial styling is a classic option that never goes out of style. This style features ornate details, big windows, and plenty of light—all of which can be adapted to any home décor style.
If you’re looking for a bold statement in your home décor, there’s no need to look any further than these vibrant colors. From true reds and oranges to fiery yellows and pinks, these hues will make a big impact in any room. Whether you’re in the market for a new focal point or just want to add some excitement to your existing decor, these colors are sure to get the job done.
Even if you shy away from bold colors in clothing or accessories, there’s no reason you can’t incorporate them into your home décor.
A few simple changes to your furniture, curtains, and flooring can give any room the boost it needs. And don’t forget about paint! Whether you choose an eye-catching hue like fuchsia or navy blue, adding a pop of color will quickly brighten up any space.
Relaxes Modern Elegance
There’s something about a sleek, modern design that just makes you feel relaxed. It’s the perfect backdrop for any style of decor, whether you’re in the mood for traditional or Contemporary. There are so many great ways to relax your home with a modern design, and we’ve collected five of our favorites.
1. Use neutrals to create a subtle look. A simple color scheme can be very relaxing, and neutrals provide a wide range of options so you can match your decor perfectly.
2. Create a soft atmosphere with plush fabrics and lots of pillows. Soft fabrics like cotton or silk help create an inviting atmosphere, while also adding comfort and warmth to the room.
3. Choose geometric patterns and shapes to add interest without being too busy. Patterns like checkers or diamonds add structure without being overwhelming, while also lending a sense of calmness and orderliness to the room.
4. Add beautiful wall art or light fixtures to bring extra elegance to any room. Art that is elegant yet understated will add character and life to any space, while sleek light fixtures can add an air of sophistication and luxury to any room.
5. Make use of natural materials like wood or stone in order to create a more rustic vibe without sacrificing elegance or sophistication. Wood panels or beams are perfect for adding texture and warmth to any room, while natural stones like marble or granite can give your home an earthy feel that is both unique and luxurious at the same time.
Oversized furniture is becoming more and more popular, and there are a lot of reasons why. Oversized furniture is often associated with an air of luxury and sophistication, which can really set your design apart from the rest.
Additionally, oversized pieces often work well in any type of interior space – whether it’s an informal living room or a formal office. Here are seven decor styles that you can’t miss if you’re looking to incorporate oversized furniture into your home:
1. Vintage Decor: Oversized vintage pieces are a great way to add some old-world charm to your home. They come in all shapes and sizes, so you can find something that perfectly fits your style.
2. Rustic Elegance: Oversized rustic furniture is perfect for cozy homes with a Scandinavian or nature theme. The woodsy look works perfectly with oversized throw pillows and animal-print blankets.
3. Bohemian Chic: Oversized Bohemian pieces make a great addition to any modern setting – whether it’s an apartment or a suburban home. They come in all sorts of funky designs, from hand-painted tiles to intricately woven rugs.
4. Glittering Glamour: Oversized glamour pieces give any room an instant lift. From big statement lamps to glittery mirrors, these pieces always look spectacular on top of bulky sofas and chairs.
Contemporary Design without Breaking the Bank
If you’re looking for high-end design without breaking the bank, there are plenty of styles to choose from. From clean lines and neutral color palettes topatterned prints and eclectic furniture, these 10 contemporary decor styles are perfect for any budget.
1. Modern Country: If you’re hoping to channel your inner HGTV personality with a home that’s both comfortable and stylish, try modern country decor. This style features rustic details mixed with crisp white walls and wooden floors, giving your space a cozy feeling while still looking on-trend.
whether adding texture with distressed furniture or accents like large vintage rugs, this style is easy to mix and match to create different looks every time you move in.
2. Sleek & Chic Guest Rooms: For a look that’s tailored just for guests (or new parents!), opt for sleek & chic guest rooms instead of traditional family rooms or living spaces. This style features minimalist details in light colors like ivory or beige coupled with sleek furniture like dark wood chairs or sleek black tables and lamps.
This look is perfect for smaller spaces where you don’t want clutter taking up valuable floor space, as well as guest rooms where you don’t want two distinct areas competing for attention (think: an en suite bathroom).
3. Bright & Bold Bedrooms: For bedrooms that will make heads turn, go bright & bold! This style features saturated colors like lime green or electric blue paired with fun patterns like checkerboard floors or zigzag bedspread.
While this style may be a little more challenging to maintain, it’s sure to make your bedroom stand out from the pack.
4. Relaxed & Cozy Living Rooms: If you’re looking for a cozy living room that’s also relaxing and stylish, try relaxed & cozy decor. This style features soft materials like plush fabrics and colorful pillows paired with neutral color schemes and furniture like large sofas or comfortable chairs.
Relaxed & cozy decor is perfect for spaces that see a lot of use, as it allows for minimum upkeep while still providing a warm and inviting atmosphere.
5. Coastal Charm: If you’re hoping to add a little coastal charm to your home, try coastal decor. This style features bright colors like teal or yellow paired with elements like white sand beaches or swaying palm trees in your landscape.
Adding a touch of the beach to any space can brighten up any room and give it an air of laid-back luxury.
6. Vintage Charm: For a vintage-inspired look that’s both timeless and on-trend, try vintage charm decor. This style features details like distressed wood floors or shabby chic furniture
Top 40 Decorating Trends for 2022
The year 2022 is a big one for interior design, and with that comes some major changes in popular decorating trends. Here are the top 40 trends that you’ll want to watch out for:
1. Tribal and ethnic graphics: The popularity of tribal and ethnic graphics is only going to increase in the next few years, so make sure to feature them prominently in your home décor.
2. Metallic accents: Metals are always a popular choice for décor, and they’ll be even more popular in 2022 because of their versatility. You can use them for cabinets, floors, furniture, and other elements of your home.
3. Modern farmhouse style: If you’re searching for a fresh take on traditional country cottage style, try modernizing it with features like exposed brick or hardwood floors.
4. Soft natural light: Many homeowners are looking to adopt a softer natural light look in their homes in order to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. Try using natural materials like cotton sheets or quilts to achieve this look.
5. Bright pops of color: Another trend that’s set to continue growing in popularity is bright pops of color. Whether you go for bold hues or simple accents, adding some brightness will quickly add life to any room in your home.